Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: Forrester business tech report, customer loyalty programs & Snapchat news
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- What’s next for technical SEO?
Jan 19, 2018 by Patrick Stox
As web technologies continue to grow and evolve, interest in technical SEO is growing along with it. Columnist Patrick Stox looks ahead to see what advancements are on the horizon and how these may impact technical SEO.
- Crowd Machine readies its blockchain-aided network for app development without developers
Jan 19, 2018 by Barry Levine
The ambitious startup will utilize a worldwide network of devices so non-technical users can create — and monetize — smart contracts and other applications.
- Forrester report offers some tips for buyers of business tech
Jan 19, 2018 by Barry Levine
This year, the growth in spending for business will continue, the study says, but purchases will begin to taper off in 2019.
- From transaction to companion: Engaging at each level of the consumer journey
Jan 19, 2018 by Davor Sutija
The consumer journey doesn’t end at the point of purchase. Columnist Davor Sutija discusses how brands can extend the conversation beyond the moment of purchase to promote engagement and loyalty.
- Why launching — or revamping — a customer loyalty program should be a top priority for retailers in 2018
Jan 19, 2018 by Rohit Gupta
Developing a top-notch customer loyalty program is hard ––but it can deliver in spades. Columnist Rohit Gupta shares the three biggest benefits of a well-designed loyalty program.
- Nearly 80% of consumers would end brand relationship over unauthorized data usage
Jan 19, 2018 by Greg Sterling
SAP study reflects people are selective about what data they’ll share and why.
- 5 rules for writing effective onboarding emails
Jan 18, 2018 by Brent Sleeper
Contributor Brent Sleeper reveals how the language and content of great onboarding emails reflect essential secrets for driving user engagement, conversion and growth.
- Snapchat updates app install ads with quicker deep links, deeper analytics
Jan 18, 2018 by Tim Peterson
Snapchat will automatically create the deep links for brands’ app install campaigns and give advertisers a fuller view of their ads’ performance.
- The technology behind AI in PPC
Jan 18, 2018 by Frederick Vallaeys
Artificial intelligence (AI) has been around for a long time, so why are we only just now exploring its applications for PPC? Columnist Frederick Vallaeys explains the technology, its evolution in recent years and what’s next for AI in paid search.
- Bizarre review schema implementation spotlights gaps between Google’s guidelines & how rich results really work
Jan 18, 2018 by Andrew Shotland
Google has made its review markup guidelines fairly clear and has even issued penalties to sites that utilize spammy or misleading structured data markup. But columnist Andrew Shotland points out that many sites are still violating these guidelines.