Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Calling all marketers: Our top mobile marketing columns of the year
Which mobile trends caught our readers’ attention this year? Our most popular mobile marketing columns covered topics ranging from mobile optimization to voice search and more.
Mobile has come a long way since the iPhone made its debut in 2007, forever changing the way we look at our mobile devices. From voice search to the Internet of Things, this year brought with it the continued rise of mobile technologies, and our columnists were on hand to share their insights into the developments that had the greatest impact on mobile marketing.
Of course, innovation isn’t easy, and companies are bound to struggle with change. One of the stories that resonated the most with readers discussed the mistakes companies continue to make with their audience’s mobile experiences. As columnist Aaron Strout pointed out, if you’re not an Amazon or an Uber, does your company really need that mobile app?
Our readers were to keen to learn more about increasing mobile engagement and building a stronger relationship between brands and consumers. As consumer expectations have changed, marketers have had to adapt accordingly and provide their mobile users with a personalized digital experience.
But what’s the use of mobile engagement if brand safety — a hot-button issue for the industry this year — is still at stake? Our most popular column looked at the challenges of brand safety and explained why an unlikely app category, mobile games, could be the answer.
For these stories and more, check out our top 10 mobile marketing columns of 2017:
- The most brand-safe app category is not what you’d expect by Andrew Dubatowka, published on 7/17/2017.
- 10 common mistakes companies make with mobile by Aaron Strout, published on 5/4/2017.
- How marketers should be thinking about voice search by Andrew Ruegger, published on 3/13/2017.
- New evidence highlights the conversion lift of mobile optimization by Ben Jacobson, published on 7/5/2017.
- Customer engagement in the age of mobile, social and messaging by Rob Begg, published on 6/19/2017.
- Apple’s move to kill cookies isn’t a crisis — It’s an opportunity by Mike Sands, published on 10/17/2017.
- 7 key components to a winning mobile marketing budget in 2017 by Gilad Bechar, published on 1/6/2017.
- Mobile engagement just got even more important for marketers. Here’s what you need to be thinking about by Shani Rosenfelder, published on 4/10/2017.
- A simple checklist to prep for the Google mobile-first index by Bryson Meunier, published on 1/13/2017.
- Mobile marketing predictions for 2017 from 11 industry veterans by Aaron Strout, published on 1/12/2017.